Advanced Search | Customer Care | NCIXUS Forums |
Newsletters | Contact Us | Your Account | VIEW CART  
 Welcome 
 Hot Deals 
 NCIX PC 
 Forums 
  CANADA |  USA
Hot Topics  |  Latest Postings  |  View Unreplied  |  Forum Bookmarks
 LATEST TOPICS |  FORUMS » INPUT DEVICES » LOGITECH G700 OR PERFORMANCE MX?...
Subject: Logitech G700 or Performance MX?
Share this:  
Author Date Posted Tools
Trisk` Jan 24, 2011 10:08 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Hey guys, I was planning on getting a new mouse, and I was wondering which mouse to get. I wanted to get either the G700 or Performance MX. What are the differences between the two? I would be using this mouse for regular day use and games like Counter Strike and Starcraft 2.

Topic URL: http://forums.ncix.com/forums/topic.php?id=2305382

Tip Posting | My Postings () | My Reviews () | View Source
Spyke Jan 24, 2011 10:28 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

The MX has a better sensor that works on pretty much every surface where the G700 does not. (Although I've not had any issues with the G700 on my bare couch)

The MX of course has a lot less buttons than the G700, you may or may not care.

The G700 polls at 1000hz, where the MX is a lot less. (most wont notice nor care)

The DPI of the sensor on the G700 can go much higher than the MX. (might be important)

The rest of the mouse is pretty similar though. Battery life on each is about the same from experience. 2 days or so average use (I've used both)

Both come with a Sanyo Eneloop AA battery, and both can be plugged in to charge while still using the mouse.

i||umina Jan 24, 2011 10:29 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

If you're going to game with it, I'd definitely recommend the G700.

Few advantages over the Performance MX.
1. Can be used Wired if wireless is getting into your nerves.
2. The placement of the laser sensor is centered (and located under your fingers). This is my biggest pet peeves when buying a mouse as non-centered sensors doesn't give you that natural feeling.
3. Macro-able buttons.

I believe #2 is crucial when it comes to FPS games.

The MX is only gonna give you
1. Tracking on glass surface. I've used one myself and don't see the point in this because at times, I feel like I'm using a ball mouse. Lets say it doesn't feel as good.
2. Comfort. It's a really big mouse (larger than the G700) that's nice to browse the net with. When using this guy, there is really no free space between your palm and the mouse. So if you have a small-ish hand, this might not be for you.

Sir Nerdalot Jan 24, 2011 11:20 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

+1 for G700

I have both mice and i'm planning on selling my Performance MX. As illumina stated if you plan on doing any gaming i'd go with the G700. I found the side button placement on the MX to be very awkward.

Only other downside besides the ones mentioned are that the G700 has a hard plastic shell with some textured areas while the MX has rubber sides which are a bit more pleasant to the touch.

Flordeliza Jan 24, 2011 11:55 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I have the CM storm sentinel which is really cheap and offers lots of features (nice to the eye IMO), I have BIG palms and this mouse suits me quite well, but some people might complain it's too big, or too long. 5600 dpi is marketing gimmick, I'm at 3800 in sc2 and that's perfect, higher is completely unprecise ( I did uncheck mouse acceleration and put the mouse speed at 6)

To answer your question, my friend has a g700, and he finds it really good, up to you, never tried a performance mx though.

This message was modified by the poster at 01 24, 2011 11:56 AM

Trisk` Jan 24, 2011 05:25 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Hey guys thanks for the replies.

I was wondering if the Logitech mice have the scroll wheels more solidly built? I remember when I had my G5, the wheel would do funky things like double click, scroll by itself, and stuff like that. My friend also has a G500 that is also crapping out on him (the mouse wheel) with the same problems I had with the G5.

Eh Devildog Jan 24, 2011 06:16 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Quote: (Trisk` @ Jan 24 2011, 05:25 PM)

I was wondering if the Logitech mice have the scroll wheels more solidly built? I remember when I had my G5, the wheel would do funky things like double click, scroll by itself, and stuff like that. My friend also has a G500 that is also crapping out on him (the mouse wheel) with the same problems I had with the G5.

I had a G500 since it's release, and my scroll wheel was 100% okay. I got a G700 back in October, and it's scroll wheel's perfectly fine as well.
Wear and tear I'd assume would have a detrimental effect on the wheel... Then again, my G700 was in my backpack a few times, being crushed and it seemed to have survived.

Either way, Logitech has amazing warranties on their mice. (I recently sent off an old, disregarded G5 I found in my closet, and get a G500 in return).

Trisk` Jan 24, 2011 06:56 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

My G5 is out of their warranty range. I believe I've had it for 5 or 6 years now..

Well, the reason the scroll wheel was messed up for me was probably because I rage when I die, everything around me goes flying.

Sir Nerdalot Jan 24, 2011 09:44 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Both the MX and G700 have the heavier quality metal wheel. I have a G9 as well and it appears to be a plastic wheel. I'm not sure about the clicking problems as i haven't had any of those problems.

I have had a problem with my old MX mouse, the original, where the rubber in the middle started to get loose and slow the wheel down but you can just cut it out or do a snip and glue if it really bothers you.

Contentname:Forums_Bottom
Call Queue
Now Serving
Avg. Response Time
Estimate: 33 mins
Request Call Back
(Web Orders Only)

Recent Experts
1. Greg * NCIX.com (27745)
All Time Experts
1. Mr. Friendly™ (51387)
2. The Wizard (39824)
3. death_hawk™ (35144)
4. Not An Expert (26343)
5. Lance W (25246)

Featured Brands:
Shop by brands
Your Order Company Info Memberships Services Hotlinks
Customer Care
Order Status
About NCIX
Contact Us
Careers
Terms & Conditions
Privacy Policy
NCIX Rewards
Premier Partner Reseller
NCIX Gift Cards
NCIX Newsletters
Facebook
YouTube
Twitter
Forums
International Sites: United States Canada
NCIXUS.com is powered by Intel© Xeon© Quad Core Processors. Copyright© 2014 NCIXUS.com/NCIXUS Technology Inc. All rights reserved.