Welcome 
 Hot Deals 
 NCIX PC 
 Forums 
  CANADA |  USA
Hot Topics  |  Latest Postings  |  View Unreplied  |  Forum Bookmarks
Search
Hot Searches:

LATEST TOPICS |  FORUMS » TECH NEWS » REMEMBER THAT ARE BROTHER/SISTERS AT WIK...
Subject: RE: Remember that are brother/sisters at Wiki are shutting down...
Share this:  
PREV   |   NEXT   1 2 3 4  
Author Date Posted Tools
Xaios Jan 18, 2012 04:38 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (3) | Top | Bottom

Quote: (Master__Shake @ Jan 18 2012, 03:58 PM)

Hey Xaios!!!

being a musician you may like this one

http://www.whioam.com/music-industry-plans-action-against-guitar-websites.html

i wont quote it but this is how it goes, they own their music and if you value whats good for you you won't play along...

Haha, this news is absolutely old hat. This whole saga has already come and gone, and I for one couldn't care less for 2 reasons:

1) I have what's called "perfect pitch," so I trascribe by ear. That's a personal gift that obviously not everyone shares, so more relevantly:
2) Most online tabs are junk. Unless we're talking about "Stairway to Heaven," "Smells Like Teen Spirit," or "Enter Sandman," it's just about guaranteed to be wrong.

For better or for worse, the online guitar tab industry is basically gone (notice the article was posted in 2006). In absolute honesty, it hasn't affected me one bit. If I really want tabs, I buy them in a book, often made by the artist themselves.

Tip Posting | My Postings () | My Reviews () | View Source
TKSS Jan 18, 2012 04:46 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Quote: (Q-Ball 7 @ Jan 18 2012, 04:38 PM)

That's funny, since the right to free speech was in there and you certainly aren't respecting it.

Oh you mean the section that also has limitations to said freedom? We're not the US thank god. And as soon as you sign up for this site, since it's considered private property, the only rights you have are the ones they grant  you in the TOS.

Q-Ball 7 Jan 18, 2012 06:16 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Quote: (TKSS @ Jan 18 2012, 04:46 PM)

Oh you mean the section that also has limitations to said freedom?

Who gave you that right?
All you're doing is abusing the "Please use this feature thoughtfully" takedown system (though you're probably just angry because that image is now embedded into the page).

Which comes back to original point of SOPA = bad news; all you're doing is perpetuating the reason it needs to go.

AmtrakQuebec Jan 18, 2012 06:51 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (3) | Top | Bottom

Jebus, what happened to my thread about supporitng Wiki????

TKSS Jan 18, 2012 07:26 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (3) | Top | Bottom

Quote: (Q-Ball 7 @ Jan 18 2012, 06:16 PM)

Who gave you that right?

Try and actually keep up with the flow of conversation.

You responded with what I quoted in my last post. Your response was to my response regarding the charter of rights and freedoms, not NCIX's TOS for the message boards.

And again, I never said I supported SOPA or PIPA, which was scrapped this morning. Not that it matters since we're not American citizens, and Canada has no similar plans. If you've got issues with the way the boards are setup for moderation, I suggest you take it up with NCIX. If you've got issues with their TOS, do the same. They leave themselves open to all kinds of issues just by allowing you fools to openly advocate "file sharing". The majority of you "file share" advocates seem to forget this is someone's business and not your personal "*****" forum.

TKSS Jan 18, 2012 07:30 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Quote: (AmtrakQuebec @ Jan 18 2012, 06:51 PM)

Jebus, what happened to my thread about supporitng Wiki????

It degraded like most political discussions do. Wasn't even past page one before it started to tank.

Analbumcover Jan 18, 2012 07:38 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Bonsai Bill Jan 18, 2012 09:56 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (3) | Top | Bottom

I haven't been following this thread but I must say, having just read it, the argument was pretty even until TKSS started deleting images.
In my mind he lost all credibly when he took that tack.

I don't agree with PIPA or SOPA nor do I condone "borrowing" files over the internet. The way we have it now is pretty much wide open. I'm sure in ten years we'll look back and shake our heads about how good we do have it today.

Lord Emperor Jan 18, 2012 10:25 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (3) | Top | Bottom

Quote: (TKSS @ Jan 18 2012, 04:06 PM)

Really, they have to show no proof? They just walk into a court room, tell the judge they think you're guilty and the judge just rolls over to have his/her belly tickled before he/she gives his/her judgement? You can't really have a successful judgement unless you can prove intent. And if you don't want to get bankrupted, don't do anything that will get you hauled into civil court. How is this so hard to comprehend? If you don't want bad things to happen in your life, you don't do things that will jeopardize it, be it financial or personal freedoms.

These things rarely make it to court. The media company immediately offers to settle for an extortive price. Most of the accused cannot afford a lawyer and so settle because it is their only choice.

It is a case of a large company abusing the legal system. Really if average joe represents himself or uses an appointed attorney he'll lose on the most frail evidence.

Fortunately all of this applies to the USA, Canadian ISPs are not required to disclose your information for copyright infringement. We need to prevent our officials from giving in to big media and political pressure from south of the border

TKSS Jan 18, 2012 10:55 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (3) | Top | Bottom

Quote: (Lord Emperor b Jan 18 2012, 10:25 PM)

Canadian ISPs are not required to disclose your information for copyright infringement.

Oh really? Hurt Locker Lawsuit anyone? Someone's been living under a rock.

http://www.michaelgeist.ca/content/view/6012/135

This message was modified by the poster at 01 18, 2012 10:56 PM

Q-Ball 7 Jan 18, 2012 10:59 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (2) | Top | Bottom

Not that it matters since we're not American citizens, and Canada has no similar plans.

Don't you get it? Some widely-used top-level domains are under US jurisdiction (.com especially). So SOPA could censor websites that are hosted outside the US, to people outside the US. So it is a big deal.

Plus, you haven't heard about Bill C-11? Or ACTA for that matter?

And again, I never said I supported SOPA or PIPA, which was scrapped this morning.

I never said that either.

But you killed your own argument because your actions argued very effectively against your words- you used powers given to you by the site's 'government' (as it were) to do wrong; in this case, taking down images you didn't like because you thought they were bad- the system doesn't just flag the image for review, it just follows orders (just like the US government) right or wrong.
It was your mimicry of what will happen if a bill like SOPA passes that I pointed out.

It degraded like most political discussions do.

There's a right way and a wrong way to make a point.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubw5N8iVDHI

you fools

I can't tell if you're simply angry or just out of material.
Perhaps both.

PREV   |   NEXT   1 2 3 4  

Call Queue
Now Serving
Closed
Avg. Response Time
Closed
Request Call Back
(Web Orders Only)

All Time Experts
1. Mr. Friendly™ (51387)
2. The Wizard (39824)
3. death_hawk™ (35144)
4. Not An Expert (26343)
5. Lance W (25246)

Featured Brands:
Shop by brands
Your Order Company Info Memberships Services Hotlinks
Customer Care
Order Status
About NCIX
Contact Us
Careers
Terms & Conditions
Branding & Logos
Privacy Policy
NCIX Rewards
Premier Partner Reseller
Affiliate Program
NCIX Gift Cards
Online Price Match
NCIX Newsletters
Facebook
YouTube
Twitter
Forums
International Sites: United States Canada
Copyright© 2015 - NCIXUS.com/NCIXUS Technology Inc. All rights reserved.