Welcome 
 Hot Deals 
 NCIX PC 
 Forums 
  CANADA |  USA
Hot Topics  |  Latest Postings  |  View Unreplied  |  Forum Bookmarks
Search
Hot Searches:

LATEST TOPICS |  FORUMS » OFF TOPIC » RE: GARBAGE BUILD...
Subject: RE: Garbage build
Share this:  
PREV   |   NEXT   1 2 3  
Author Date Posted Tools
Babaghan Aug 11, 2017 08:14 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Quote: (gerry_c5 @ Aug 11 2017, 08:04 AM)

so I went to the Asus site to update  all my drivers/BIOS/etc.

Going forward, this is what a system builder should usually do as the drivers that ship with the discs are almost always outdated. Most hobbyist computer nerds don't even break the seal on those CDs. And let us know if you actually follow through with "litigation". I'm curious to know what the fee is that the lawyer would charge you to resolve this matter.

Tip Posting | My Postings () | My Reviews () | View Source
Cannon Fodder Aug 11, 2017 09:49 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Quote: (Babaghan @ Aug 11 2017, 08:14 AM)

And let us know if you actually follow through with "litigation". I'm curious to know what the fee is that the lawyer would charge you to resolve this matter.

Safe to say it'll cost more than the computer is worth.....

gerry_c5 Aug 11, 2017 12:37 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

For one thing, when the front USB 3.x slots didn't work, I would've liked to have the CD/DVD just in case I missed something on the drivers install. Being without one, I had no idea where to look online other than the Asus site. I also don't use old drivers discs normally.

Lawyers fee? Well I don't need a lawyer at all, not in small claims court where the limit is $15K, I bought a PC not a second hand 2008 Toyota RAV 4. In any case, even if I did use a lawyer, NCIX would be responsible for the fees which I would include in the claim, plus interest of course!

gerry_c5 Aug 11, 2017 12:39 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

then you certainly don't know much about filing lawyer's fees in the claim!

gerry_c5 Aug 11, 2017 12:41 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Then you're not too bright if you've followed the thread and happened to notice that NO SATA cables were in the box and no driver installation CD/DVD! You must troll a lot on Twitter

Jason_B48 Aug 11, 2017 01:20 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

You seem to be a special one Gerry_c5. Of what i see in this thread you seem to have 0 social skill and 0 computer skill. Blaming everyone and treating to sue/lawyer is very mature.

If you bark that loud for these (easy to fix) kind of problem i sympathies greatly for anyone you encounter in the retail world.

ps: at least use reply/quote when you reply to someone. This will at least show you care a little.

This message was modified by the poster at 08 11, 2017 03:54 PM

Cannon Fodder Aug 11, 2017 02:36 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Quote: (Jason_B48 @ Aug 11 2017, 01:20 PM)

ps: at least use a problem reply/quote when you reply to someone. This will at least show you care a little.

That would make some sense, since I can't tell whom, if anyone in particular, he's replying to..... could've been me, could've been Babs, or maybe the thread in general.....

As for non-working front USB, it makes me wonder if they're even connected, or MAYBE the front ports, when connected, are using a secondary chipset on the mobo, and need separate drivers installed?

Entz Aug 11, 2017 02:59 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Quote: (Cannon Fodder @ Aug 11 2017, 02:36 PM)

As for non-working front USB, it makes me wonder if they're even connected

OP was update  earlier today, looks to be the case.

gerry_c5 Aug 11, 2017 05:12 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Why? WTF did he do? reply to a post?

gerry_c5 Aug 11, 2017 05:24 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I couldn't install any hard drives as I received no SATA cables as I mentioned in this thread numerous times. I only received them installed AFTER I returned the box to them. Not only that, but when they returned the build to me. Oh wait, I'm wrong. I could install the hard drive into the cage, but there were no SATA cables to use, just so we get this straight! I noticed that USB 3.1 front ports weren't working. Checked drivers, checked BIOS, noticed that some ports worked in the rear of case [didn't try them all], opened the case up, looked at the mobo, what do you know, NCIX strikes out again. No cable on the USB 3.x port to the front of case! LOL! This is how not to build a computer, done by amateurs at best, most likely street people!

gerry_c5 Aug 11, 2017 05:31 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

There's an option for you when you read posts/threads on forums/other social media, it's called "jump to the next one" As far as computer skills, I don't have to tell you what skills I have, it's NOYB The only reason I order a complete build from NCIX is that it's cheaper for me [$50.00] to have it done by someone else than to end up RMA'ing defective parts after the fact. So you see, let's see who has computer skills here, you sure don't, not sitting in your mom's basement 24/7

And I don' care about reply/quote, you don't like it, don't read it and **** off!

gerry_c5 Aug 11, 2017 05:40 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

LOL there is "0" connection between the USB port on the front of the case and the mobo port, so to explain it a little easier, there is no cable that connects those ports to each other. As far as drivers, I downloaded the ones I needed. Secondary chipset? LOL! Not on this mobo. It's a single chipset design. No cable no USB 3.x!!! Easy enough to understand. As far as replying quote/reply, if the poster can't remember what he asked/said skip the reply. Read only replies that you would recognize your question from. Easy enough! Don't bother with the troll Jason_B48 He doesn't know wtf he's talking about!

gerry_c5 Aug 11, 2017 05:41 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Take a pill and go back to your safe space!

Babaghan Aug 11, 2017 06:25 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Is this a blog?

Jason_B48 Aug 11, 2017 06:46 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Quote: (Babaghan @ Aug 11 2017, 06:25 PM)

Babaghan said:
Is this a blog?

Still trying to figure what Gerry try to accomplish with this thread but it's a great grab popcorn read

Cannon Fodder Aug 11, 2017 08:32 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Hmmm, seems to have gone from teetering, to full out "off the rails".

Since at least part of this post appears directed at me.....

Quote: (gerry_c5 @ Aug 11 2017, 05:40 PM)

LOL there is "0" connection between the USB port on the front of the case and the mobo port, so to explain it a little easier, there is no cable that connects those ports to each other.

Nobody suggested that..... in order for your front panel USB ports to function, they OBVIOUSLY have to be connected to the mobo, which was why I suggested that MAYBE they weren't.

Quote: (gerry_c5 @ Aug 11 2017, 05:40 PM)

Secondary chipset? LOL! Not on this mobo. It's a single chipset design.

LOTS of mobos have secondary chipset addons to increase functionality, such as extra USB ports, extra networking ports, more PCIe lanes, eSATA, etc., and OF COURSE those added features require added drivers to enable their functionality. I've seen plenty of boards' descriptions listing, for example, 6 USB ports provided by the Intel chipset, and an additional 4 USB ports provided by, for instance, Marvell. Whether or not you're aware of that sort of thing, I have no idea, and I can understand you being pissed off about your issue(s) with NCIX, but maybe you ought to "come down off your high horse", and can the attitude as though nobody around here has a clue about computers.

Cannon Fodder Aug 11, 2017 09:28 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Oh, and Gerry, you previously mentioned the motherboard was, "Asus Z270 Mark I", but the only one I can find listed with "Mark 1" in the model name, is the Asus TUF Z270 Mark 1..... is that the board in question?

This message was modified by the poster at 08 11, 2017 09:29 PM

gerry_c5 Aug 12, 2017 08:19 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Ask Steve Wu!!

gerry_c5 Aug 12, 2017 08:21 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Oh Excuse me for forgetting to put the "TUF" part in there. Wuts ur point? That doesn't solve any problems!

gerry_c5 Aug 12, 2017 08:39 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

If you've looked at the specs of the mobo in question, you will notice that there is only one chipset, not two, so this is redundant! The problem was solved. When I first received the build, they put the wrong type of connector on the side panel fan a 4 pin instead of a 2 pin. They also didn't supply any SATA cables which were not in ANY of the boxes. They also didn't supply me with a support CD/DVD even though I don't use it, it could come in handy as the following happened. When I plugged in a USB 3.0 flash drive in one of the front USB 3.x front ports on the case, the flash drive was non-existent. After checking BIOS and device manager, all the necessary drivers were installed, so onto opening up the case again and saw that the USB 3.x port was free of cables. NCIX never connected the USB 3.x cable to the front ports of the case. This mobo supports both the Intel and ASMedia drivers for USB. Need I say more? I've since negotiated with them. They sent me an RMA sticker to be affixed to the cartons, and I will be returning it to them for a full refund, no re-stocking fee. I don't want them to "repair" the build, as there will prolly be something else that arises. Gimme my money back, I'll order the parts from a competitor and build it myself. It wouldn't be the first time I've done this, and at least I'm capable of building my own, and in a properly working system with no shortcuts or problems that NCIX seems to have! I don't need *****from you or anyone else about high horses or people saying I bought crappy hardware. I didn't. I never buy crappy hardware. Some of the posters instead of reading my post just ask the same questions over and over again without reading the thread, so that indicates to me that these people don't know WTF they're doing except to power on their PC with a switch!

Cannon Fodder Aug 12, 2017 09:50 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Quote: (gerry_c5 @ Aug 12 2017, 08:21 AM)

Oh Excuse me for forgetting to put the "TUF" part in there. Wuts ur point? That doesn't solve any problems!

No, it doesn't solve any problems, since, as it turns out, the front USB ports wouldn't be connected to it anyway, but my point is that your board does indeed have a "secondary chipset", or I suppose for the sake of clarity FOR YOU, I should've used the term "controller", since you've now mentioned Asmedia yourself. My thinking, at the time, was that POSSIBLY the Asmedia drivers weren't installed, but in your rush to make moronic "mom's basement" comments, you couldn't read through your own damn thread, and see that just MAYBE there were some posts that were throwing out some suggestions to possibly help.

Permanently signing out of this thread, from mom's basement......

Tricky212 Aug 13, 2017 02:20 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Funny how he berates NCIX yet can't build this himself. LOL Ridiculous! I've worked in computer retail before. First time seeing a "world-class" customer like him scrutinizing such a minor and insignificant issue. Reminds me of one customer who tried to get a refund for a gaming chair claiming that his son was poisoned by it. LOL Also, why is he calling out Steve Wu? Does he have something against the owner? Does he even know him in person? LOL I'm rolling my eyes at this point

This message was modified by the poster at 08 13, 2017 02:21 AM

Jason_B48 Aug 13, 2017 05:03 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

A this point in the thread

i don't know if he's trolling or just stupid

This message was modified by the poster at 08 13, 2017 05:04 AM

Cannon Fodder Aug 13, 2017 10:10 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Ok, ok, just ONE more post - if you want to shed some light on the subject, just click on "My Postings" at the bottom of any one of gerry's posts, then scroll down to the bottom, to one titled "PC Build". It's from a little more than 5 yrs. ago, and see if it doesn't sound just a wee bit familiar......

gerry_c5 Aug 13, 2017 02:05 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Any SATA cables? Let's say this, THERE WERE NO SATA CABLES IN ANY OF THE BOXES, NO SUPPORT CD/DVD WAS IN THE BOX. i CONFIRMED WITH ASUS THAT THEY SHOULD BE IN THE BOX. I'VE SEEN YOU TUBE VIDEOS WHERE ALL THE ITEMS THAT WERE MISSING FROM MY BUILD SHOULD'VE BEEN IN THE BOX. GO LOOK T GOOGLE AND SEARCH FOR THE ASUS TUF Z270 MARK I MOBO TO BE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT BEFORE COMING TO THIS POST AND TELLING ME OTHERWISE!!

THE FAN ON THE WINDOW SIDE OF THE BOX HAD 4 PIN CONNECTORS ON THEM, NOT THE 2 PIN AS IT SHOULD'VE.THAT ISSUE WAS RESOLVED WHEN NCIX FIXED THAT PROBLEM AND CHANGED/CONNECTED THE CASE FAN WITH THE PROPER 2 PIN CONNECTOR. THERE WAS NO CABLE FROM THE MOBO USB 3.x PORT TO THE FRONT USB 3.x SLOTS ON THE CASE. YOU THINK I SHOULDN'T COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS? YOU THINK THAT I DON'T HAVE TO ADD MY OWN HDDs AND NOT HAVE SATA CABLES SUPPLIED TO ME? YOU THINK THAT HAVING ONE LESS CASE FAN DISABLED IS ALRIGHT TOO? YOU THINK THAT SINCE i HAVE REAR USB 3.x PORTS IT'S ENOUGH, I DON'T NEED TO HAVE MORE USB 3.x PORTS IN THE FRONT OF THE CASE, THAT USB 2. PORTS ARE ENOUGH? IS THIS THE WAY A CLIENT SHOULD RECEIVE A BUILD? NO SATA CABLES, NO WORKING CASE FAN NO WORKING FRONT USB 3.x PORTS.? SORRY, I BEG TO DIFFER AND HAVE SINCE CROSSED NCIX OF MY LIST OF SUPPLIERS AND THE WORD IS ALREADY GETTING AROUND!!! AFTER OVR 20 YEARS OF BUYING FROM NCIX, I'VE DECIDED TO GET MY PARTS FROM ANOTHER SUPPLIER. WORDS GETTING AROUND, THERE'S GOING TO BE LAYOFFS AT NCIX. STEVE WU IS A PROGRAMMER, NOT A BUSINSSMAN! START LOOKING FOR ANOTHER JOB SOON, CUZ SOON ENOUGH YOU'RE GOING TO GET THE BOOT ALONG WITH A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE!!

Burns57 Aug 13, 2017 02:15 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

OMFG!!!!!!!!

Saberon Aug 13, 2017 03:07 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Self-destruct sequence activated

NArkshaRK Aug 13, 2017 03:54 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Could a moderator delete  this pointless thread please? It's painful being reminded how stupid some of the customers here are, and the popcorn has run out on this train wreck of a customer complaint.

Jason_B48 Aug 13, 2017 03:56 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

hooo damnnn, this is pure gold !!! Gerry for president!!!

Saberon Aug 13, 2017 03:58 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

We can only mod down individual posts. :(

PREV   |   NEXT   1 2 3  

Call Queue
Now Serving
Closed
Avg. Response Time
Closed
Request Call Back
(Web Orders Only)

All Time Experts
1. Mr. Friendly™ (51387)
2. The Wizard (39824)
3. death_hawk™ (35144)
4. Not An Expert (26343)
5. Lance W (25246)

Featured Brands:
Shop by brands
Your Order Company Info Memberships Services Hotlinks
Customer Care
Order Status
About NCIX
Contact Us
Careers
Terms & Conditions
Branding & Logos
Privacy Policy
NCIX Rewards
Premier Partner Reseller
Affiliate Program
NCIX Gift Cards
Online Price Match
NCIX Newsletters
Facebook
YouTube
Twitter
Forums
International Sites: United States Canada
Copyright© 2015 - NCIXUS.com/NCIXUS Technology Inc. All rights reserved.