Welcome 
 Hot Deals 
 NCIX PC 
 Forums 
  CANADA |  USA
Hot Topics  |  Latest Postings  |  View Unreplied  |  Forum Bookmarks
Search
Hot Searches:

LATEST TOPICS |  FORUMS » OFF TOPIC » GARBAGE BUILD...
Subject: Garbage build
Share this:  
Author Date Posted Tools
gerry_c5 Jul 13, 2017 02:05 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

I've been buying hardware from ncix for decades. My latest purchase for over $2500 was a mess. Side panel fan not connected to other side of case where connectors were located. I'm short on power cables for HDDs. The case, a haf x has support for 5 HDDs, only have 2. No data cables at all supplied. Got a reply from tech support, saying as I only ordered an SSD, that's all I get. If I need data cables I have to buy them. My last build, I didn't order any HDDs or SSDs but they supplied both power and data cables more than I needed.

So Steve Wu is just getting a bigger bonus and to hell with the clients.
I won't be buying anything anymore from ncix. I now have to bring the PC into a local shop to get it in order even though I spent over $2500 for this build.
Also the front fan cable was disconnected. The two wires were disconnected and I had to connect them both with difficulty as they were installed badly enough and were too short. Had to fiddle around in the case to give more room. If I didn't notice this, what could have happened? No air circulation!!

Inspection seems to sign off on anything!!

No more ncix for me. They lost another client. The are other places to shop. Don't need headaches from them!

Topic URL: http://forums.ncix.com/forums/topic.php?id=2758925

Tip Posting | My Postings () | My Reviews () | View Source
Greg * NCIX.com Jul 13, 2017 02:19 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Quote: (gerry_c5 @ Jul 13 2017, 02:05 PM)

I'm short on power cables for HDDs. The case, a haf x has support for 5 HDDs, only have 2. No data cables at all supplied. Got a reply from tech support, saying as I only ordered an SSD, that's all I get. If I need data cables I have to buy them.

Any SATA cables that were included with your motherboard are typically given to you. We don't give out extras just because your case has spots for more drives than the cables included. I would expect that the cables that were included with your motherboard should still be in the box though.

Quote: (gerry_c5 @ Jul 13 2017, 02:05 PM)

Also the front fan cable was disconnected. The two wires were disconnected and I had to connect them both with difficulty as they were installed badly enough and were too short. Had to fiddle around in the case to give more room. If I didn't notice this, what could have happened? No air circulation!!

I can't speak for the fans being disconnected. I'm not sure what happened there. You would still get some circulation from the back fan and heatsink, but it would be less than ideal.

Tip Posting | My Postings (18730) | My Reviews (4) | My Profile | View Source
BoredNow Jul 13, 2017 08:31 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

I don't normally comment on these types of forums defending ncix but this time I am defending, your HDD/SSD power cables are indicative of whatever psu you bought and yes the SSD/HDD data cables are however many are in the mobo box the most I've seen in my buying history was 2 data cables supplied for every mobo I bought, I also buy a bunch of data cables 4-6 at a time because I never seem to have enough they're fairly cheap if you pricematch.

My nickels worth because cents have been defunked.

Babaghan Jul 15, 2017 07:16 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Zer0 has a lot to explain!

KS-SK Jul 15, 2017 08:58 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Like all have said, you get sata cables based on mobo that comes with it. If you want more, then buy it.
second you bought the HAF X case. $250 for a case that is not even good at cooling or anything. That money could have gone to a better airflow and interior design for $120.

The fan cables is built that way from coolermaster, as they were short anyway. NCIX did not change how the fans were built.
If you bothered to get proper help, you would not have spent on mainly bad products. My guess the rest of your system is just as bad.

You complaints is just not valid if you bothered to learn about what comes with your PC.

NCIX did nothing wrong here if and 100% ncix side.

This message was modified by the poster at 07 15, 2017 08:59 AM

Cannon Fodder Jul 15, 2017 09:47 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Quote: (gerry_c5 s Jul 13 2017, 02:05 PM)

I'm short on power cables for HDDs.

The number of those all depends on which PSU you ordered..... if the PSU comes with 4, and at some point in time you intend to install 5 hard drives, how is that something that NCIX did wrong? Given that you only ordered 1 SSD, is NCIX somehow supposed to read your mind that you intend to later install 5 hard drives?

Quote: (gerry_c5 s Jul 13 2017, 02:05 PM)

My last build, I didn't order any HDDs or SSDs but they supplied both power and data cables more than I needed.

So, you got 1 of each then, right?  

I don't know about this particular case, but as has been mentioned, the number of data cables included depends on the motherboard you ordered.... I've seen some that come with 2, whereas other boards come with 6. Given that you've been "buying from NCIX for decades", you SHOULD already know this.

This message was modified by the poster at 07 15, 2017 09:48 AM

AnthonyE Jul 16, 2017 09:44 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Quote: (Cannon Fodder @ Jul 15 2017, 09:47 AM)

I'm short on power cables for HDDs. The case, a haf x has support for 5 HDDs, only have 2

As already mentioned, regardless of how many drives the case supports, the amount of SATA power cables provided depends on the power supply. Most PSU's come with TWO leads that have anywhere between 2 to 4 connectors on each. Higher wattage PSU's come with more. Also, depending on the motherboard, you normally only get 2 SATA data cables.

Quote: (Cannon Fodder @ Jul 15 2017, 09:47 AM)

Side panel fan not connected to other side of case where connectors were located

Are you referring to the window side panel fan? If there is a fan at this location, we typically do not plug it in as we need to pack the case with bubble/foam before shipping which will interfere with the cable. Also, if the side pane is removed, the cable or the fan header could be damaged if person is unaware that something is attached.

Call Queue
Now Serving
Closed
Avg. Response Time
Closed
Request Call Back
(Web Orders Only)

All Time Experts
1. Mr. Friendly™ (51387)
2. The Wizard (39824)
3. death_hawk™ (35144)
4. Not An Expert (26343)
5. Lance W (25246)

Featured Brands:
Shop by brands
Your Order Company Info Memberships Services Hotlinks
Customer Care
Order Status
About NCIX
Contact Us
Careers
Terms & Conditions
Branding & Logos
Privacy Policy
NCIX Rewards
Premier Partner Reseller
Affiliate Program
NCIX Gift Cards
Online Price Match
NCIX Newsletters
Facebook
YouTube
Twitter
Forums
International Sites: United States Canada
Copyright© 2015 - NCIXUS.com/NCIXUS Technology Inc. All rights reserved.