Welcome 
 Hot Deals 
 NCIX PC 
 Forums 
  CANADA |  USA
Hot Topics  |  Latest Postings  |  View Unreplied  |  Forum Bookmarks
Search
Hot Searches:

LATEST TOPICS |  FORUMS » OFF TOPIC » ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q...
Subject: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
Share this:  
Author Date Posted Tools
Daniel_T Jul 04, 2017 12:44 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Hello guys, I want to buy ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q but before buying this I want to know about it. Can anyone tell me about it's features.
https://gamingbuff.com/best-144hz-monitor/

Topic URL: http://forums.ncix.com/forums/topic.php?id=2758630

Tip Posting | My Postings () | My Reviews () | View Source
Tips: 1 Points tipped from 1 members
jakeElwood Jul 04, 2017 02:56 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I have it and it is pretty amazing.

First off I am the resident videophile here for decades.

ULMB makes games look like a CRT again. Almost perfectly sharp while panning. No blur at all. Inside tip: This monitor automatically adjusts to 100% Brightness for ULMB and automatically goes back to your non-ULMB brightness setting which would be about 22 for a properly calibrated brightness. The other 165hz ULMB monitors you have to constantly change the brightness before and after.

144hz + Gsync is also excellent. I am still testing which games look better with 144hz+G-sync or ULMB. Certain games do look better with one or the other.

Buy it somewhere you can return it, QC on these high end panels is far too loose. You can get a bad one. I have a good one and its still not perfect. No such thing. I believe now that pushing this LCD tech so far has caused strain in other areas.

You will probably want it hardware calibrated. (Well, I did and it makes a big difference)

I pretty much know anything you want to know and more between this and any competing model.

Stephanos Jul 14, 2017 08:40 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

This really depends on your current system, owners with Nvidia cards will benefit from the Gsync, however if you have AMD, you might want to look for one that has Free sync. The features of the monitors are as listed on the Asus website or in the specification area, it has a high refresh rate, probably more than you need anyways, good color reproduction, has many adjustments for ergonomics, asus eyecare for those who are staring at the screen for long periods of time, and Gsync. If money is not a problem and you have a Nvidia card, then this would be a good buy, however there are better monitors at a lower price that offer similar performance.

Call Queue
Now Serving
Closed
Avg. Response Time
Closed
Request Call Back
(Web Orders Only)

All Time Experts
1. Mr. Friendly™ (51387)
2. The Wizard (39824)
3. death_hawk™ (35144)
4. Not An Expert (26343)
5. Lance W (25246)

Featured Brands:
Shop by brands
Your Order Company Info Memberships Services Hotlinks
Customer Care
Order Status
About NCIX
Contact Us
Careers
Terms & Conditions
Branding & Logos
Privacy Policy
NCIX Rewards
Premier Partner Reseller
Affiliate Program
NCIX Gift Cards
Online Price Match
NCIX Newsletters
Facebook
YouTube
Twitter
Forums
International Sites: United States Canada
Copyright© 2015 - NCIXUS.com/NCIXUS Technology Inc. All rights reserved.