Welcome 
 Hot Deals 
 NCIX PC 
 Forums 
  CANADA |  USA
Hot Topics  |  Latest Postings  |  View Unreplied  |  Forum Bookmarks
Search
Hot Searches:

LATEST TOPICS |  FORUMS » NCIX.COM QUESTIONS & ANSWERS » WILL YOU GUYS HAVE VEGA PREORDERS AVAILA...
Subject: Will you guys have Vega preorders available on the 14th?
Share this:  
Author Date Posted Tools
AutomaticJack Aug 09, 2017 10:06 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Just wondering. I need to know which sites I should be frantically refreshing on Monday morning to try and grab one before the miners snap em all up.

Topic URL: http://forums.ncix.com/forums/topic.php?id=2759742

Tip Posting | My Postings () | My Reviews () | View Source
nToxik Aug 09, 2017 10:23 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Miner's got them all.

(Just kidding but maybe not)

Greg * NCIX.com Aug 09, 2017 10:57 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I think it's safe to assume we'll be taking orders on the official release date. I don't know if we'll have actual stock, but we'd definitely start taking orders.

I assume we'll also limit quantities to 1-2 per customer per shipment, but I don't have official word if that's going to be in place or not.

Tip Posting | My Postings (18730) | My Reviews (4) | My Profile | View Source
mrfool Aug 09, 2017 11:00 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

From what I have gathered on yt. If you ordered 1k card or above you can order it directly from the manufacturers. I am interested in the non-reference cooler model but reference model not so much

Jason_L193 Aug 12, 2017 01:34 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Inb4 botters starts spamming the online sites with buy orders individually... Because delivery cost alone isn't going to make a dent in the profits.
Plus in the case that cryptocurrency for them isn't doing well, they can simply resell those GPUs...

Miners are setting a really bad precedent in regards to technologies anyways.

mrfool Aug 12, 2017 11:31 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Quote: (Jason_L193 @ Aug 12 2017, 01:34 AM)

Plus in the case that cryptocurrency for them isn't doing well, they can simply resell those GPUs...

Yes and no. If the cryptocurrency price takes a huge dip, then a lot of miners will flood the market with those cards. In other words, the price of the gpu will take a huge dip and they will be taking a huge lost.

Quote: (Jason_L193 @ Aug 12 2017, 01:34 AM)

Miners are setting a really bad precedent in regards to technologies anyways.

Really? The boom in cryptocurrency is what causing the mining boom. The cryptocurrency boom has lead to many technological advancement like smart contract, implementation of different and experimental algorithms. In addition, it in the form of initial coin offering is helping people to raise fund for other tech related projects.

I honestly don't understand all the hate miners are getting. I mean it is simple supply and demand.

Jason_L193 Aug 13, 2017 01:13 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Because any smart miners, or especially organized groups of miners, would mine and try to sell at the highest peak before it crashes to profit from it.
And they will most likely try to sell such a GPU before any signs of the currency crashing.

Everyone already knows that each bitcoin/ethereum hype, it always have a crash at some point, so miners can set a safe 'level' to sell off everything before it crashes, and then prepare to the 'next' currency that pops up.

Bitcoin? Done.
Ethereum? Done? (Will surge up again with the release of Vega, but it's a bit late in the mining period of said currency, but it will be used for the next one)
Next currency? Yet to be released (possibly going to happen when Navi is revealed).

Also notice that these currencies oddly coincides with AMD's GPU releases?

And it's very possible for a group to wait for GPU prices to be dirt cheap and buy a bulk of them ahead of them when mining activities is at it's lowest point.

Then they create  their own cryptocurrency and try to get it hyped up, then wait for those GPU to be overpriced and sell those bulk GPUs they are now storing, or had used to get currency ahead of time, to sell when the GPUs are 'hot' on the market.

From what we've seen with Ethereum, even the older R7 to R9 GPUs are popular, not as super effective but can be available as the main reason.

For example:

At the start of a cryptocurrency hype, lets say a coin is worth pennies. They can set a 'end' goal to sell off everything when time passes, like when each coins are worth hundreds of dollars.

Now in regards to electricity costs and such, it's generally a expected expenses, but going from pennies to hundreds of dollars is basically 10,000% multiplier.

This message was modified by the poster at 08 13, 2017 01:19 PM

This message was modified by the poster at 08 13, 2017 01:20 PM

Call Queue
Now Serving
Avg. Response Time
Estimate: 33 mins
Request Call Back
(Web Orders Only)

All Time Experts
1. Mr. Friendly™ (51387)
2. The Wizard (39824)
3. death_hawk™ (35144)
4. Not An Expert (26343)
5. Lance W (25246)

Featured Brands:
Shop by brands
Your Order Company Info Memberships Services Hotlinks
Customer Care
Order Status
About NCIX
Contact Us
Careers
Terms & Conditions
Branding & Logos
Privacy Policy
NCIX Rewards
Premier Partner Reseller
Affiliate Program
NCIX Gift Cards
Online Price Match
NCIX Newsletters
Facebook
YouTube
Twitter
Forums
International Sites: United States Canada
Copyright© 2015 - NCIXUS.com/NCIXUS Technology Inc. All rights reserved.