Welcome 
 Hot Deals 
 NCIX PC 
 Forums 
  CANADA |  USA
Hot Topics  |  Latest Postings  |  View Unreplied  |  Forum Bookmarks
Search
Hot Searches:

LATEST TOPICS |  FORUMS » NCIX.COM QUESTIONS & ANSWERS » RYZEN PRE-ORDERS?...
Subject: RE: Ryzen pre-orders?
Share this:  
PREV   |   NEXT   1 2 3 4  
Author Date Posted Tools
Blues55 Feb 25, 2017 12:20 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Disappointing the R5 and R3 series doesn't launch until mid-May early June and R3 afterwards. R5 1600X seems to be the sweetspot?

Tip Posting | My Postings () | My Reviews () | View Source
Blues55 Feb 25, 2017 12:23 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Not to mention Ryzen doesn't support windows 7.

Jason_L Feb 26, 2017 06:13 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (2) | Top | Bottom

With 1 million initial shipment and Intel currently doing a chunk of price cut, lets hope that Ryzen prices don't skyrocket by the retailers and end up gouging the customers.

There are already signs of this happening as 'resellers' are pricing Ryzen at $800 on Amazon.

Intel's 6900k reduced 200 dollars, to around $800.

If Ryzen can maintain stock and keep it's price low enough, it won't get inflated to match Intel, but this might look a bit grim (usually by prediction is correct, thing turns out for the worst because greed).

SummE Feb 26, 2017 12:48 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Sucks for all those who bought X99 last month, yuuuge intel price corrections already happening.

FloppyDrive Feb 26, 2017 12:57 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Quote: (Jason_L @ Feb 26 2017, 06:13 AM)

There are already signs of this happening as 'resellers' are pricing Ryzen at $800 on Amazon.

There are plenty of complaints about Amazon allowing high prices from third party sellers. I sometimes see $50 items priced at $1,000. Amazon doesn't seem to care.

FogDogg Feb 26, 2017 02:39 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Does anyone know if there's still stock of Ryzen available for pickup in store if we preorder now? I'm thinking of cancelling my preorder on Amazon US and going with NCIX.

FloppyDrive Feb 26, 2017 04:11 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

No stock until release. I wonder if the motherboards are going to be delayed a week, as the ETA keeps changing on US sites.

Mr. Friendly™ Feb 26, 2017 05:44 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

yeah, everything is pre-order currently, so you may or may not get one if you get on the list.

magictoaster Feb 27, 2017 03:05 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I'm not familiar with the way NCIX does pre-orders but can anyone confirm if they usually stop taking them when they sell all that was allocated? I guess I'm asking it there is a good chance of orders being fulfilled on launch or soon after launch?

Sanlitun Feb 27, 2017 04:33 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Quote: (magictoaster @ Feb 27 2017, 03:05 PM)

magictoaster said:
I'm not familiar with the way NCIX does pre-orders but can anyone confirm if they usually stop taking them when they sell all that was allocated? I guess I'm asking it there is a good chance of orders being fulfilled on launch or soon after launch?

Curious as well. I haven't done a 1800X pre-order as I assume it will be too late to get stock. Anyone?

Mr. Friendly™ Feb 27, 2017 04:36 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

they take orders as long as people are submitting them. they just get extended ETA's after stock comes, orders are filled and they didn't make the cut.

nToxik Feb 28, 2017 10:36 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Anyone know why Ryzen 370 doesn't support DDR-4000? I guess it is a limitation of the boards but why wouldn't they support the upcoming (already out) RAM speed?

This message was modified by the poster at 02 28, 2017 10:37 AM

Entz Feb 28, 2017 10:41 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Is that a hard "does not support" or is it simply nothing official above the JDEC standard of 2400 like Intel and others.

This message was modified by the poster at 02 28, 2017 10:43 AM

Mr. Friendly™ Feb 28, 2017 10:49 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I think it's likely just a lack of information due to nothing 'official' having been released aside from general spec's.

probably have to wait for March 2nd before we can know more...

Sanlitun Feb 28, 2017 01:30 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Quote: (Mr. Friendly™ x Feb 27 2017, 04:36 PM)

Mr. Friendly™ said:
they take orders as long as people are submitting them. they just get extended ETA's after stock comes, orders are filled and they didn't make the cut.

But are we loyal NCIX cusomers still in pre-order or have we moved on to back-order? Judging from the situation at the Chicken store the 1800X is not looking good.

Would really like to get a system together this weekend  

This message was modified by the poster at 02 28, 2017 01:31 PM

Jason_L Feb 28, 2017 02:09 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

It seems the announcement of Ryzen and product listed online occured right before weekends, resulting in 2-3 days of no ncix staff.
Since they allocate x days before release, the number must be pretty low until monday, when the pre-orders actually start to come in.

And since pre-orders can refund part way before release, they don't wanna order like 100 units only to have 30 orders cancelled to buy it elsewhere, due to impatience and no customer support during the weekend.

Another reasoning is that the zero stock email is outdated as pre-order means stock = 0.
So it auto sends this even if you pre-order very early.

nToxik Mar 02, 2017 09:36 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Well I guess Ryzen isn't quite as good as expected, at least for gaming when compared to a 7700K/7600K.

HWC has a good article on the 1800x. Pay close attention to the RAM requirements so you purchase 1Rx (for running 16GB total) and not 2Rx RAM (unless running 32GB total) on page 5.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/74814-amd-ryzen-7-1800x-performance-review.html

This message was modified by the poster at 03 02, 2017 09:39 AM

adz124 Mar 02, 2017 10:55 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Quote: (nToxik @ Mar 02 2017, 09:36 AM)

Well I guess Ryzen isn't quite as good as expected, at least for gaming when compared to a 7700K/7600K.

Ahh, just as I expected then. Where's that Sarco kid. I wonder what he's thinking now

adz124 Mar 02, 2017 11:39 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

And you're a spazo N.E.E.T with zero interpersonal skills. I thought you lazy pot heads were supposed to be pretty laid back individuals?

Sanlitun Mar 02, 2017 01:24 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I backed out of my pre-order and for less went to a top of the line 7700K system.

Gonna sit this one out and see where it all goes in six months or so.

This message was modified by the poster at 03 06, 2017 12:47 PM

Spork™ Mar 02, 2017 02:04 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Quote: (nToxik @ Mar 02 2017, 09:36 AM)

nToxik said:

Gaming is just fine with Ryzen as a start. Intel has dominated since 2500k, and all those games has already been optimized in that way.
Ryzen will see improvements in the next few months.
I think HWC testing is off.

Not including 6900x/6950x which are $2k cpus.
While the 7700k is already at 4.2Ghz at stock, unless the 1800x as OC to match close to 4Ghz
Testing would need more precise work.

Coach_ Mar 02, 2017 02:26 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

IMO gaming test run at 2560x1440 or 2560X1440 or 3440X1440 or 4K will cast  Ryzen in better light. Add in other work loads at the same time as Gaming and this will further Ryzen in the eyes of gamers. Everyone needs to keep perspective when looking at Ryzen. You wanna game at 1080P with a 1080Ti and hit stupid high FPS then ya, ATM Ryzen is not the correct move. I say ATM because I bet AMD will confront what ever the issue that is currently limiting them in those 1080P benchies around the web. It does not make sense to me that Ryzen would struggle against Broadwell-E parts (6900k) in gaming when IPC rates are similar. I bet AMD figures it out.

nToxik Mar 02, 2017 03:34 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I think the best deal here is the x1800, but only if you were planning to purchase the 6900k ($1000+).

Other than that, I don't know why AMDs memory controller is so weak and the 2666mhz limitation (up to 16GB) and the 2133mhz memory limitation (32GB RAM) seems to be a stumbling block.

Yes, if you game at 1440p or 4K then Ryzen starts to look better but still, their single and even quad thread performance isn't that great, especially that Ryzen isn't that much cheaper than 7700K/7600K.

I would say that these will be good for servers, etc. where you want a lot of cores but then again Ryzen doesn't support ECC buffered memory either.

Also...no Thunderbolt 3.0 support.

This message was modified by the poster at 03 02, 2017 03:36 PM

Jason_L Mar 02, 2017 04:53 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

It seems to be a issue with memory somewhere, and most performance tweaks can be done once motherboard manufacturers provide new bios for your MOBOs, to support higher Ram speeds.

A limited 2666mhz ram speed means the supplies of these 'lower' ended DDR4 sticks will get sold out and the higher end ones will be somewhat untouched except for intel rigs.

I'm getting the 1700 with a ASUS Prime Pro X370, mainly because i have a old i5 2500 with a old and 'cheap' Z68AP-D3, and it plays most games 'okay' (RX 470) but bottlenecks in CPU oriented games still that would be modern. I play some online games so the 1700 would help with that.

The i5 2500 doesn't have hyper threading either, so it's stick at 3.3Ghz.

This message was modified by the poster at 03 02, 2017 04:55 PM

This message was modified by the poster at 03 02, 2017 04:57 PM

Jason_L Mar 02, 2017 05:01 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Ryzen might work for me mainly because I play games a lot, but at times I do other things as a hobby like streaming games or playing MMOs (which can be pretty cpu intensive in regards to netcodes).

Also note that firefox is generally very 'laggy' to me, might be a CPU bottleneck somewhere because it ramps up a ton when firefox 'loads' stuff, especially if im using some kind of 3d rendering on it like google maps.

FloppyDrive Mar 03, 2017 08:21 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I think what's really disappointing in the HWC review is power consumption. If Ryzen's TDP has been reported correctly, then the X370 chipset is a power hog.

computer_guru Mar 04, 2017 02:00 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I was hoping the 8-core / 16-thread ryzen cpu's could overclock to 4.4ghz or so. Hopefully the 6-core / 12-thread variants will be able to hit that mark. I wasn't expecting it to win in gaming, there's all this dissapointment because it doesn't beat an i7-7700k in gaming ... i'm pretty sure we all knew it would still be slower IPC but could come out ahead in heavily threaded apps ... not to mention the wicked price of $440 for an 8-core vs $850 for intel's 8-core ... can't beat that. I think they did very well and is a great step ahead over their terrible bulldozer lineup that was actually a percent or two slower clock for clock over their thuban line-up.

FloppyDrive Mar 05, 2017 09:31 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

G.Skill is manufacturing memory specifically for Ryzen boards which should help with the memory issues.

https://www.gskill.com/en/press/view/g-skill-announces-flare-x-series-and-fortis-series-ddr4-memory-for-amd-ryzen

Yoinkerman Mar 06, 2017 01:41 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Howbout that mobo availability guys

Jack_L2 Mar 09, 2017 09:37 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Quote: (FloppyDrive @ Mar 05 2017, 09:31 PM)

FloppyDrive said:
G.Skill is manufacturing memory specifically for Ryzen boards which should help with the memory issues.

So what is the verdict is someone needs 32GB with Ryzen? Wait for those G.Skill memory? What about the article from HWC, are those G.Skill in-line with their suggestions on memory ranks?

PREV   |   NEXT   1 2 3 4  

Call Queue
Now Serving
Avg. Response Time
Estimate: 33 mins
Request Call Back
(Web Orders Only)

All Time Experts
1. Mr. Friendly™ (51387)
2. The Wizard (39824)
3. death_hawk™ (35144)
4. Not An Expert (26343)
5. Lance W (25246)

Featured Brands:
Shop by brands
Your Order Company Info Memberships Services Hotlinks
Customer Care
Order Status
About NCIX
Contact Us
Careers
Terms & Conditions
Branding & Logos
Privacy Policy
NCIX Rewards
Premier Partner Reseller
Affiliate Program
NCIX Gift Cards
Online Price Match
NCIX Newsletters
Facebook
YouTube
Twitter
Forums
International Sites: United States Canada
Copyright© 2015 - NCIXUS.com/NCIXUS Technology Inc. All rights reserved.