Welcome 
 Hot Deals 
 NCIX PC 
 Forums 
  CANADA |  USA
Hot Topics  |  Latest Postings  |  View Unreplied  |  Forum Bookmarks
Search
Hot Searches:

LATEST TOPICS |  FORUMS » GENERAL DISCUSSIONS » OUT OF PROVICE SALES TAXES? (IN OR ...
Subject: Out of provice sales taxes? (in or out since closing Ontario Point of Sale)
Share this:  
Author Date Posted Tools
Ace Mcool Oct 07, 2017 08:19 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

First I am sad to see your closing ( have closed) all pint of sale and Warehouse operations in the Province of Ontario.

It sucks to know more people are out of a job.

But since you no longer have Point of sale in Ontario ( or warehouse) does this mean that thins will return to GST only for out of Province sales?

It would help off the the extra shipping time.

Cheers

Ace

Topic URL: http://forums.ncix.com/forums/topic.php?id=2761580

Tip Posting | My Postings () | My Reviews () | View Source
Master__Shake Oct 07, 2017 10:35 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

no we'll still have to pay HST.

you know, for the greater good.

Mr. Friendly™ Oct 07, 2017 11:12 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

if they offer excellent express shipping rates, I don't think 'out of BC only' shipping will hurt NCIX too badly.

of course, having proper shipping/receiving warehousing in Ontario would take care of that. they just need to fix how they allocate stock between the two locations because the stock coming out of Ontario when you're in BC and it says there's BC stock was quite infuriating.

stevenswilson Oct 07, 2017 02:28 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

GST would apply with or without a provincial storefront, and I suspect PST and/or HST is required to be collected as well. (Payment of PST/HST is in fact a legal/regulatory requirement on the purchaser even if the shipper doesn't collect it at source).

Us folks down east have always paid full GST/PST/HST without the benefit of a storefront provincially so I suspect the requirement to collect applies to all Canadian businesses whether they have a local storefront or not.

As far as shipping goes.... it hasn't been all that long that they've had Ontario warehouses to ship from has it?

Ace Mcool Oct 07, 2017 04:28 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Actually only GST was charged before they had warehouse and store front here in Ontario, And the Warehouse is closed ( no longer part of NCIX)

So yes this is a good question.

and as for express, Possibly because of transition , my express shipment (latest one I Knew it would be a BC ship) is taking about double the time if normally takes for BC to me

AM hoping this will get back to about 2 to 3 days again. It was nice to have 2 day ground from T.O. but sais la Vie (my french sucks as baddy as my typing LOL)

Ace

Cannon Fodder Oct 07, 2017 05:21 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Yeah, I BELIEVE that'd be, "c'est la vie".

Mr. Friendly™ Oct 07, 2017 07:46 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

when Ontario went HST, NCIX lost their primary advantage for the majority of their eastern Canada clientel...tax savings, which usually figured out more than what they had to pay in freight.

so really, for NCIX to keep their Ontario customers, they're still going to have to provide some value as reason to buy over the competitors that still have locations in Ontario. I can only see that happening if they have good express freight costs, or refocus by opening an Ontario warehouse that ships/receives only and employ a system that can manage their stock levels properly so Ontario stock isn't always shipping to Van or Van stock always shipping to On. that makes no sense logistically and it was one of the big issues before. :(

Ace Mcool Oct 07, 2017 11:03 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

that change went awhile after Ont and the HST went into effect.... Just saying it would be nice.

But however heard of a tax being removed?

Ace

Jason_L193 Oct 08, 2017 12:21 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

You mean something like this?
https://globalnews.ca/news/3743459/trudeau-tax-reforms-tax-loopholes-small-business/

Looking it up and nothing 'drastic' on the level of corporate taxation.

With regulation and with competition, the so called 'dreaded' loophole being closed off means the rich begrudgingly has to play on the same level as everyone else, they surely are not going to give in without a fight, and have a choice to 'leave' said area or take their business elsewhere. But it is known that pro-consumer results after a while of regulation when competition gets fierce.

I guess today corporations are too used to the idea of cost cutting and exploiting loopholes to make their profits soar, over legitimate competition.

Ace Mcool Oct 09, 2017 11:01 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

no that is a completely different animal.....

I was referring only to HST PST and GST.

stevenswilson Oct 09, 2017 04:58 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Does Ontario now have a tax that's "blended" with the GST as opposed to a stand-alone PST? Maybe that's the difference?

Ace Mcool Oct 09, 2017 06:48 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

it does the HST, however, when NCIX was shipping from BC solely the HST was in effect and only GST was charged then.

Once you tax someone it usually doesn't go away though.

Ace

BigDaddyCool Oct 10, 2017 10:28 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Quote: (Ace Mcool @ Oct 09 2017, 06:48 PM)

it does the HST, however, when NCIX was shipping from BC solely the HST was in effect and only GST was charged then.

Sorry, this is not entirely accurate. Ontario Harmonized to HST effective July 1, 2010. The Ontario warehouse did not open until July 2010 because the tax advantage to out-of-province shipping went away with harmonization (HST provinces must charge the full HST to all harmonized provinces). Prior to July 2010, Ontario charged GST and PST, and out-of-province shipping did not have to charge PST.

HST:
https://forums.ncix.com/forums/?mode=showthread&forum=116&threadid=2214237&pagenumber=2&msgcount=38&subpage=1

Markham Warehouse opening:
https://forums.ncix.com/forums/?mode=showthread&forum=116&threadid=2202407&pagenumber=4&msgcount=115&subpage=1

Greg * NCIX.com Oct 10, 2017 10:43 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Quote: (BigDaddyCool @ Oct 10 2017, 10:28 AM)

Prior to July 2010, Ontario charged GST and PST, and out-of-province shipping did not have to charge PST.

Exactly.

In provinces that have implemented HST, we are required to collect the full amount. New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Ontario, and PEI all pay the full rate for HST.

Tip Posting | My Postings (18730) | My Reviews (4) | My Profile | View Source

Call Queue
Now Serving
Closed
Avg. Response Time
Closed
Request Call Back
(Web Orders Only)

All Time Experts
1. Mr. Friendly™ (51387)
2. The Wizard (39824)
3. death_hawk™ (35144)
4. Not An Expert (26343)
5. Lance W (25246)

Featured Brands:
Shop by brands
Your Order Company Info Memberships Services Hotlinks
Customer Care
Order Status
About NCIX
Contact Us
Careers
Terms & Conditions
Branding & Logos
Privacy Policy
NCIX Rewards
Premier Partner Reseller
Affiliate Program
NCIX Gift Cards
Online Price Match
NCIX Newsletters
Facebook
YouTube
Twitter
Forums
International Sites: United States Canada
Copyright© 2015 - NCIXUS.com/NCIXUS Technology Inc. All rights reserved.