Welcome 
 Hot Deals 
 NCIX PC 
 Forums 
  CANADA |  USA
Hot Topics  |  Latest Postings  |  View Unreplied  |  Forum Bookmarks
Search
Hot Searches:

LATEST TOPICS |  FORUMS » GENERAL DISCUSSIONS » ANYONE PRE-ORDERING VEGA?...
Subject: Anyone pre-ordering Vega?
Share this:  
PREV   |   NEXT   1 2  
Author Date Posted Tools
Mike_A17 Aug 14, 2017 08:46 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I was just curious if anyone bit the bullet and pre-ordered a Vega 64 card. I went with the liquid version. I hope stock actually shows up tomorrow (15th).

Topic URL: http://forums.ncix.com/forums/topic.php?id=2759956

Tip Posting | My Postings () | My Reviews () | View Source
Roundabout Aug 14, 2017 09:06 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Ordered mine at 12:30 sask time today and was 8th in line.

Mike_A17 Aug 14, 2017 09:10 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Which one did you order and how can you tell where you are in line? It's been a long time since I've pre-ordered from NCIX.

Roundabout Aug 14, 2017 10:00 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Same as you. I've got a Rep I go through. No idea how many they are getting though. Just thought it would give you a bit of an idea of where you were in line. Could be a bit of a wait, hard to say though.

Mike_A17 Aug 14, 2017 10:15 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Thanks for the heads up. I'm trying to remember when I placed an order around my timezone. I know I didn't wait too long when it was first posted after seeing the back ordered versions of the card like the gigabyte for 1000 and some change.

If I don't manage to get a card tomorrow or the next day when they get them in the warehouse, I'll just cancel my order and get a 1080ti and a gsync ultrawide monitor instead.

Mike_A17 Aug 15, 2017 02:32 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Roundabout can you let me know if you managed to get your order processed today. I'm just curious if NCIX did actually get stock today and if any orders were processed.

Greg * NCIX.com Aug 15, 2017 03:12 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Quote: (Mike_A17 @ Aug 15 2017, 02:32 PM)

I'm just curious if NCIX did actually get stock today and if any orders were processed.

No physical stock today. AMD usually does soft launches.

If you've placed your order with a Credit Card, we hold off on processing until we're expecting stock to actually arrive. Otherwise payment methods like Interac Online or Paypal will take payment immediately since it's user driven.

Tip Posting | My Postings (18730) | My Reviews (4) | My Profile | View Source
Cannon Fodder Aug 15, 2017 03:46 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Quote: (Greg * NCIX.com @ Aug 15 2017, 03:12 PM)

If you've placed your order with a Credit Card, we hold off on processing until we're expecting stock to actually arrive. Otherwise payment methods like Interac Online or Paypal will take payment immediately since it's user driven.

You know Greg, that would be some good information to make sure it's RIGHT IN CUSTOMERS' FACE when they place an order..... I've seen so many threads on the forums, with people complaining about how their order was "already processed & NCIX took my money, and now my stuff is backordered, and I have no idea when/if I'll get my stuff, and NCIX has already taken my money!!!". TBH, although it makes perfect sense, now that you've mentioned it here, I'd never given it a thought before, i.e. most/all of those complaints were probably from folks that paid via Interac or PayPal.....

Roundabout Aug 15, 2017 04:03 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Thanks for the update  Greg. I knew there would be some wait time after ordering.

Jason_L193 Aug 15, 2017 08:25 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Vega stocks in the USA magically vanished upon meeting release dates.

The stocks are far more lower than once thought, or maybe some shady activities are at work these days.

For instance prices being $100 higher than MSRP, and it's apparently a post-launch standard price.
And stocks vanished upon the release date coming means retailers are 'hiding' how much stock they have and are probably hoarding some of them to sell to the highest bidder, or in this case to miners in a bidding war maybe?

There's a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes in the retail industry that no one knows, and who knows if someone will speak up from the reseller side of things.

Mike_A17 Aug 16, 2017 07:52 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Quote: (Cannon Fodder n Aug 15 2017, 03:46 PM)

You know Greg, that would be some good information to make sure it's RIGHT IN CUSTOMERS' FACE when they place an order..... I've seen so many threads on the forums, with people complaining about how their order was "already processed & NCIX took my money, and now my stuff is backordered, and I have no idea when/if I'll get my stuff, and NCIX has already taken my money!!!". TBH, although it makes perfect sense, now that you've mentioned it here, I'd never given it a thought before, i.e. most/all of those complaints were probably from folks that paid via Interac or PayPal.....

That's why I specifically used my credit card so if it wouldn't be a gong show to get one I can simply cancel my order without the runaround to get a refund. Reading the fine print on the ncix store website (antiquated as it maybe) helps.

Thanks for the update  Greg on the status of the stock not arriving yet. I just cancelled my order.

I noticed my store nearby had the plain black in stock (4 exactly) as of late last night and well standing at the door as they opened this morning. Now they have 3 in stock.  I'll just get an EK waterblock. It might be best to go that route in the long run anyway instead of AMD liquid.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j232/OntarioTL/eb837451-9ea2-46df-b2f2-5fdf16b3cb42_zpsr2g0ruqq.jpg

This message was modified by the poster at 08 16, 2017 07:53 AM

This message was modified by the poster at 08 16, 2017 08:17 AM

jmoonb Aug 17, 2017 05:31 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Greg, any ideas on when we can potentially see stock for preorders? Just saw the prices go up again in other shops which is quite worrying.

Michael_T Aug 18, 2017 10:37 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I pre-ordered with the August 15th date as a hopeful for stock.

Haven't heard anything yet, is Sapphire shipping multiple days later than promised to NCIX? I had heard some rumors about an August 21st (Monday) date for some water cooled stock getting out... just twiddling my thumbs awaiting replacement of a horrendous blower card.

This message was modified by the poster at 08 18, 2017 10:43 AM

Greg * NCIX.com Aug 18, 2017 10:49 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Quote: (jmoonb @ Aug 17 2017, 05:31 PM)

Greg, any ideas on when we can potentially see stock for preorders?

We had a handful of cards arrive yesterday and ship out to fulfill pre-orders.

Roundabout Aug 18, 2017 10:55 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Darn guess I'll have to hope on the next shipment.

Michael_T Aug 18, 2017 11:03 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Yeah,
I'll be hoping. Kind of wish I had a "there are this many people in front of you" notice :P

Mike_A17 Aug 18, 2017 11:30 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Sorry to hear you guys didn't manage to get yours. I'm glad I bailed and took the air cooled at a local store instead. This low stock really sucks for want to be owners.

Although it should help those who were behind me in queue.

This message was modified by the poster at 08 18, 2017 11:32 AM

jmoonb Aug 18, 2017 12:35 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Ah well. Wasn't expecting much for this week. Ordered the liquid late Tuesday so I figured I'd need to wait a bit. Those liquid models seem quite rare at the moment. As long as its shipping at the advertised price I'm good with waiting.

OrigamiSS Aug 18, 2017 05:52 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I ordered my air cooled version on Tuesday night as well... so far no news yet.

However my friend who ordered after me his credit card was processed yesterday but unfortunately it declined on him so he got an email asking for update  his card.

Is the pre-order first come first serve or are they randomly selected?

Roundabout Aug 18, 2017 10:42 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

First come first serve in order placed. No cards as of Friday so hopefully next week. Mike dropping out moved me up one place it seems though, so thanks. :)

Mike_A17 Aug 19, 2017 09:13 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Ah so I was ahead of you then? Damn!

Oh well least I could do since I have one now :)

OrigamiSS Aug 19, 2017 12:33 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Hi Mike,

Which store did u manage find actual stock? are you in vancouver area or Toronto lol.

Mike_A17 Aug 19, 2017 05:27 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

it was in Ontario. London to be exact but they are sold out now. However I see stock count at their other stores have a few left here and there..

This message was modified by the poster at 08 19, 2017 07:08 PM

OrigamiSS Aug 22, 2017 11:09 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Hey Greg any update  on stock with vega?

Are we looking at 1 week to fulfillment or like 1-3 month to fulfillment?
And how often does the supplier actually ship these cards? weekly? bi weekly?

sorry for all the question just excited to actually get my hand on the shiny new GPU for my PC

SonicAlchemy Aug 22, 2017 11:37 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

With the price increase, will we be charged for the price on the original invoice or will it reflect the updated price?
The FAQ states "The price charged for an order will be the price in effect at the time the order is made." however, the product page has a "The final price is subject to change." notice and with all the shortages/demand, I'm worried that it can go either way.

jmoonb Aug 22, 2017 12:13 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I certainly hope the price sticks. Maybe the 60% increase was to just deter further preorders. If I get charged that new amount though, I'm pretty sure my wife would make me sleep on the curb.

theBee2112 Aug 23, 2017 06:20 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

$1300 for an air cooled Vega 64? No thanks. Especially when it's only a GTX 1080 equivalent, with way higher power draw.

For those who haven't gotten theirs yet.. Grab some bacon and eggs. It gets hot enough to cook on at idle. Ordered mine on release day from a supplier who had stock. $889 was my invoice after tax and express shipping.

My honest thoughts are that the card uses too much power, even at -20%. Too much heat, and the fan can spin at 4800RPM. Haven't heard and felt hairdryer in my computer like that in years. It only barely beats out a GTX 1070 in mining hash rates, and in gaming, it's the same as a GTX 1080. Just twice the price and power draw.

Save your money and get a 1080. I'm glad I only bought one of these cards. Might just put it in my VR rig.

This message was modified by the poster at 08 23, 2017 06:22 AM

SonicAlchemy Aug 23, 2017 09:49 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

1. My invoice for the liquid cooled variant is 899.99 before taxes etc.
2. I'm looking at another retailer with liquid cooled in stock at a similar, although slightly higher price, so I would like to know if the original price sticks.
3. Utilities are included in my rent.
4. Everyone loves bacon. Win/Win

This message was modified by the poster at 08 23, 2017 10:02 AM

Greg * NCIX.com Aug 23, 2017 11:44 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Quote: (SonicAlchemy @ Aug 23 2017, 09:49 AM)

I'm looking at another retailer with liquid cooled in stock at a similar, although slightly higher price, so I would like to know if the original price sticks.

I highly doubt we're going to change the price on you. I've never heard of a pre-order changing the price after an order has been taken.

Michael_T Aug 23, 2017 12:51 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

That's good to hear, echoes what your customer support told me when I asked.

I would just kill to know what position I am in the line :)

PREV   |   NEXT   1 2  

Call Queue
Now Serving
Closed
Avg. Response Time
Closed
Request Call Back
(Web Orders Only)

All Time Experts
1. Mr. Friendly™ (51387)
2. The Wizard (39824)
3. death_hawk™ (35144)
4. Not An Expert (26343)
5. Lance W (25246)

Featured Brands:
Shop by brands
Your Order Company Info Memberships Services Hotlinks
Customer Care
Order Status
About NCIX
Contact Us
Careers
Terms & Conditions
Branding & Logos
Privacy Policy
NCIX Rewards
Premier Partner Reseller
Affiliate Program
NCIX Gift Cards
Online Price Match
NCIX Newsletters
Facebook
YouTube
Twitter
Forums
International Sites: United States Canada
Copyright© 2015 - NCIXUS.com/NCIXUS Technology Inc. All rights reserved.