Welcome 
 Hot Deals 
 NCIX PC 
 Forums 
  CANADA |  USA
Hot Topics  |  Latest Postings  |  View Unreplied  |  Forum Bookmarks
Search
Hot Searches:

LATEST TOPICS |  FORUMS » GENERAL DISCUSSIONS » WI FI BROADCAST  TO MULTI TV'S??...
Subject: Wi Fi broadcast  to multi TV's??
Share this:  
Author Date Posted Tools
logon Jul 14, 2017 03:52 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

I asked a similar question a while back about creating a Cable network and did get what I was looking for via a forum member pointing me at looking at Cable Modulation amps. The one I want is about $3,000. This would be a hardwired system.
BUT- what if you have Smart TV's that receive wireless and set up a broadcast  using a powerful router?

I work in a long term care facility and what we are trying to do is have 5 TV's controlled by a central broadcast .

In my small brain I can't seem to think of how you set up a broadcast  from a central computer to a router. I understand how you could easily share data over a network, but the actual sharing of streaming of movies ?? Any thoughts?

This message was modified by the poster at 07 14, 2017 03:56 PM

Topic URL: http://forums.ncix.com/forums/topic.php?id=2758965

Tip Posting | My Postings () | My Reviews () | View Source
TheGreatGazoo™ Jul 14, 2017 04:24 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Look up wireless HDMI transmission. You'd have one transmitter and 5 receivers. I'm not familiar with them so can't recommend a brand. Maybe the AVS Forum can be a better resource.

Greg * NCIX.com Jul 14, 2017 04:46 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

wireless HDMI is probably a terrible idea. The amount of data to transmit is massive (10Gbps at least, over long distances would be a huge problem).

Most smart TVs should be able to use a standard called "DNLA", which is meant to broadcast  media over a network. I haven't found enough information to fully implement it, but some info out there does exist.

Here's what I've found so far. This software allows you to stream to multiple devices. I don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for though:
http://www.conceiva.com/products/mezzmo/mezzmo_windows.asp

Tip Posting | My Postings (18730) | My Reviews (4) | My Profile | View Source
Greg * NCIX.com Jul 14, 2017 04:51 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

VLC streaming via RTP unicast/multicast:
https://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:Streaming_HowTo/Easy_Streaming/

Tip Posting | My Postings (18730) | My Reviews (4) | My Profile | View Source
logon Jul 15, 2017 08:23 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Thanks Greg this looks promising, Downloading right now. And free to try,, that's a bonus.

TheGreatGazoo™ Jul 15, 2017 04:16 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

The problem with DLNA is that you cannot stream all media types over it. I.E. .mkv video files. Then you'd have to transcode those files. This drawback to DLNA is why I don't use it in my house and run Rasp Pi's to my two media watching areas.

If you already have CAT5 or better running to where your TV's are then use HDMI Extenders that will transmit video over ethernet which will max out at about 100 feet. If you have coax running to those TV's then you you'll use HDMI over Coax. Look up "WolfPack HDMI to Coax Splitter to Many HDMI TVs Up To 1,500'" on Google.

WolfPack™ HDMI to Coax Splitter extends a single HDMI video and stereo audio signal to dozens of widescreens over a signal point-to-point coax cable to TVs that can be 1,500 feet away that have an HDMI input, not coax. The HDMI Extender Over Coax provides digital coding processing for HDMI signal with our DTV technology. The HDMI to Coax Splitter adopts our RF modulation technology to transmit the one HDMI signal up to 80 - TVs via a coaxial cable per the TVs HDMI input. No fiber and no special training required as well as you don't have the limitations on distance like you find in HDMI cabling and HD-SDI systems.

By adding the above DTV network mixers (coax splitters) attached in line with the RF cable you can achieve many different kinds of transmission modes like similar to an HDMI splitter operating over 1,500 feet. For example you could configure a 1x25 HDMI splitter for one PC going to 25 widescreens up to 1,500 feet away by wiring one coax cable per TV.

TheGreatGazoo™ Jul 15, 2017 05:16 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

You'd be able to do something with Chromecast  as well but not as automated. You'd set up a server on a computer and then stream to the Chromecast . You'd only be looking at about $50 per TV. I do something like that on our iOS devices with a program called Air Video HD. We can easily watch 3 different HD streams on our devices at the same time.

Edit - here you go http://troypoint.com/chromecast-to-multiple-devices/

This message was modified by the poster at 07 15, 2017 05:19 PM

logon Jul 16, 2017 08:22 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Thanks, The Wolf Pack looks like what I'm after as it basically does the same thing as a Cable modulator at a fraction of the price. But a modulator does allow you to broadcast  your own custom TV Channel. The Wolf Pack might not co-exist with other channels happening.

The building is hardwired with standard Coax so the Wolf Pack, if it works should be perfect.

There is a Coax outlet on the wall right in my office and must be over 100 in the building. All outlets terminate a few junction boxes either in the basement or IT closets. Those are fed by a couple of larger cables running from the Shaw converters and amps. The whole system is analog you can't have a PVR or Hi Def TV.

The thing I will have to research will be " can it carry my broadcast  over the same coax as the Shaw cable broadcast ?" I think I will email the supplier.

Just to be clear, We already have the TV's playing media via USB and external HD's. It works fine but staff have to keep setting up whats playing. I'm forever having to go show them how to make it work. The goal is to play movies and media from a central PC in our office so we can set it up each day. It does not work to have staff selecting media so many of the options, like Netflicks or Roku don't work.

Call Queue
Now Serving
Closed
Avg. Response Time
Closed
Request Call Back
(Web Orders Only)

All Time Experts
1. Mr. Friendly™ (51387)
2. The Wizard (39824)
3. death_hawk™ (35144)
4. Not An Expert (26343)
5. Lance W (25246)

Featured Brands:
Shop by brands
Your Order Company Info Memberships Services Hotlinks
Customer Care
Order Status
About NCIX
Contact Us
Careers
Terms & Conditions
Branding & Logos
Privacy Policy
NCIX Rewards
Premier Partner Reseller
Affiliate Program
NCIX Gift Cards
Online Price Match
NCIX Newsletters
Facebook
YouTube
Twitter
Forums
International Sites: United States Canada
Copyright© 2015 - NCIXUS.com/NCIXUS Technology Inc. All rights reserved.