Welcome 
 Hot Deals 
 NCIX PC 
 Forums 
  CANADA |  USA
Hot Topics  |  Latest Postings  |  View Unreplied  |  Forum Bookmarks
Search
Hot Searches:

LATEST TOPICS |  FORUMS » GENERAL DISCUSSIONS » PICKUP ORDER SHIPPED?...
Subject: Pickup order shipped?
Share this:  
Author Date Posted Tools
Andrew_N16 Jul 12, 2017 05:26 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I've been doing in-store pickup for a long time now to avoid the shipping costs. I purchased an expensive laptop recently and I received a shipping notification, which has never happened before. When I went to pick up the item, it was still in the box that it was shipped in.

I did not agree to have this item 'shipped' nor did I purchase shipping insurance.

If the item was damaged, would NCIX be liable for the full amount, or only $100?

Topic URL: http://forums.ncix.com/forums/topic.php?id=2758895

Tip Posting | My Postings () | My Reviews () | View Source
Saberon Jul 12, 2017 05:34 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Probably was stock transfer between stores.

Greg * NCIX.com Jul 13, 2017 09:31 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

All pickup orders are now prepared at the warehouse and shipped to the stores. Yes, if it's damaged before you pick it up, we're liable.

Tip Posting | My Postings (18730) | My Reviews (4) | My Profile | View Source
Andrew_N16 Jul 15, 2017 08:39 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

" if it's damaged before you pick it up"

Can you please clarify how this works? The item was still in the box it was shipped in, meaning it had not been inspected for damage by the store. If I took the package home, opened the box, found damage and returned to the store, would NCIX be liable for the full amount, or only the $100 that is standard when the buyer declines shipping insurance?

This message was modified by the poster at 07 15, 2017 09:10 AM

Spork™ Jul 15, 2017 03:33 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Shipping insure got nothing to do for pick up orders. That is only used to ship to your home.

Andrew_N16 Jul 15, 2017 04:56 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I'm just curious about the details of the new system for pick up orders. If the item was damaged during transit to the store, whereas previously it would be obvious because I would physically pick up the item and be able to inspect the outside of its packaging before taking it home, now the item is handed over to me inside of the box that it was shipped in, meaning that if for some reason the item was damaged during transit, there would be no way for me to know until I've already been home and opened the shipping box. That also means that the staff at the pick up location wouldn't notice any damage to the item before handing it over to me because they haven't received the item into the store's inventory before fulfilling the order.

Do you see why I'm concerned?

If the item was damaged in shipping, it wouldn't be evident to anybody until after I've picked up the order, taken it home, and opened the shipping box. If it was damaged and I immediately returned to the store, would I be entitled to full compensation?

This message was modified by the poster at 07 15, 2017 05:06 PM

Babaghan Jul 15, 2017 06:49 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

This is not going to help you in the present, buy going forward, have a staffer open the box in store and verify the the item is free of damage before taking possession.

Andrew_N16 Jul 15, 2017 08:06 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Ok thanks. For the record the item is not damaged, I was just confused about this new system of pick up orders.

superFLINT Jul 15, 2017 10:02 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

A box that has no visible physical damage on the outside is pretty much guaranteed to have no damage on the inside. I have never gotten any package with zero visible damage on the outside to have damage on the inside. It is just hilarious how hard it is for the OP to understand this.

Open the ****ing package before you leave the store, pretty simple, what do you think they are going to do, kick you out of the store as soon as you go to open package? Or ban you from NCIX? Just open it and check it for yourself, pretty simple!!!

Andrew_N16 Jul 16, 2017 12:31 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I used to work in order fulfillment and you would be surprised at how things can get damaged even when the outside box is intact. Packing is not always done correctly.

This is a major policy shift for NCIX, as pickup orders were previously fulfilled at the moment of pickup as opposed to at the source warehouse.

I was asking a simple question of the staff and they answered appropriately.

This message was modified by the poster at 07 16, 2017 12:32 AM

This message was modified by the poster at 07 16, 2017 07:02 AM

Draaax Jul 17, 2017 04:25 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Way to be a ****** bag superFLINT. Gee I wonder why these forums have gone down the drain.

Doug_the_Slug Jul 17, 2017 08:55 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

it took me by surprise the first time I encountered it as well
1) You get a shipping notice from the 3rd party shipper with tracking
2) when the item is marked by 3rd party as received at the desired pickup branch, that's the equivalent to the old "please pickup in 5 days". You will no longer get the old manually sent pickup email from your NCIX branch

It was a bit confusing at first, but as long as they use shippers with reasonable tracking systems, it's ok.

As for the insurance, I always reject insurance for pickup orders. If the box looks like it's in rough shape, I'd be doing a check in store. Otherwise it'll be the standard RMA procedure if the product is hosed when I get it home and opened up.

Call Queue
Now Serving
Avg. Response Time
Estimate: 33 mins
Request Call Back
(Web Orders Only)

All Time Experts
1. Mr. Friendly™ (51387)
2. The Wizard (39824)
3. death_hawk™ (35144)
4. Not An Expert (26343)
5. Lance W (25246)

Featured Brands:
Shop by brands
Your Order Company Info Memberships Services Hotlinks
Customer Care
Order Status
About NCIX
Contact Us
Careers
Terms & Conditions
Branding & Logos
Privacy Policy
NCIX Rewards
Premier Partner Reseller
Affiliate Program
NCIX Gift Cards
Online Price Match
NCIX Newsletters
Facebook
YouTube
Twitter
Forums
International Sites: United States Canada
Copyright© 2015 - NCIXUS.com/NCIXUS Technology Inc. All rights reserved.