Welcome 
 Hot Deals 
 NCIX PC 
 Forums 
  CANADA |  USA
Hot Topics  |  Latest Postings  |  View Unreplied  |  Forum Bookmarks
Search
Hot Searches:

LATEST TOPICS |  FORUMS » GENERAL DISCUSSIONS » ONE MONTH IN, MULTIPLE ORDERS UNKNOWN ST...
Subject: One month in, multiple orders unknown status...
Share this:  
Author Date Posted Tools
Doug_the_Slug May 01, 2017 01:58 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I've been watching the forums blow up of late with all the stock, shipping and support (or lack thereof) issues. I was trying to hold out, but I've now hit one month on one of my orders.

I have literally heard nothing about it. I don't know what's going on. Here's the kicker, I walked into (insert  competitor with stock on shelves) and physically checked a few mice. Picked a basic microsoft mouse model, and then came back and ordered at NCIX for decently cheaper. Now I've never needed a rush order, but an entire month for a basic mouse which right now lists in stock at one of your retail locations definitely makes me think something isn't right.

I've got 2 orders in total backlogged at this point, and aside from the "internal transfer shipping notice" (I do pickup at one of the retail locations) I got for one item in the 2nd order, I've heard nothing else about that order either, and that order is already 3 weeks old.

Given the amount of complaints about support messages and calls going nowhere, I'm not sure I'm even going to bother...

NCIX. You've had rough patches in the past, but... WTF is going on?

Topic URL: http://forums.ncix.com/forums/topic.php?id=2756099

Tip Posting | My Postings () | My Reviews () | View Source
Greg * NCIX.com May 01, 2017 02:23 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

The system should have automatically triggered a transfer request, but I don't see one in the system. I've manually created one to transfer the unit we have in Surrey.

Tip Posting | My Postings (18730) | My Reviews (4) | My Profile | View Source
Doug_the_Slug May 15, 2017 09:07 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Wow, has it really been 2 weeks since...

We're now 6 weeks into one order, and 5 weeks into the other.

I don't want special attention, but I'd like to know that the underlying issues are being addressed.
How is it that orders can go well over a month without someone inside the company realizing or getting a report that something is clearly not right

Cannon Fodder May 15, 2017 02:44 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Wow, somethin' sure seems to be hittin' the fan these days!

So Doug, just out of curiosity, did you at least get the basic rodent you mentioned, that Greg manually put in a transfer for?

Doug_the_Slug May 15, 2017 03:29 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Quote: (Cannon Fodder @ May 15 2017, 02:44 PM)

So Doug, just out of curiosity, did you at least get the basic rodent you mentioned, that Greg manually put in a transfer for?

No! That's the kicker! I did get an email (I think from UPS directly) saying that the mouse was being shipped after greg did his manual steps (this is the new internal transfer process to my specified pickup branch as per previous messaging from Greg).

I'm going to be scrubbing my own email tonight, looking in every corner to see if there's any hint of the "ready for pickup" email. I noticed that recently one of the newsletters wasn't hit by my mail filters to send it to the proper folder, which indicates NCIX is making changes to their email systems. This has me paranoid about junk mail systems.

Greg * NCIX.com May 15, 2017 03:37 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Hi Doug,

I think with the recent changes to how pickup orders are handled, the "order is ready for pickup" messages aren't getting sent out anymore. The order is now ready for pickup as soon as the tracking number is shown as received by the store. We've been making changes to the tracking E-Mails to reflect this, but I think it wasn't updated when your order was shipped out.

Cannon Fodder May 15, 2017 04:37 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Quote: (Greg * NCIX.com @ May 15 2017, 03:37 PM)

I think with the recent changes to how pickup orders are handled,

Care to elaborate a bit more on what these changes entail? Although I haven't bought much stuff lately, in-store pickup is how I always do it, so some enlightenment on the subject would be appreciated.

The order is now ready for pickup as soon as the tracking number is shown as received by the store.

Unless I misunderstood, I was under the impression that transfers between the warehouse(s), and store(s) were usually done via NCIX employees(i.e. an employee driving products between stores and/or the local warehouse), whereas what you're talking about now, kind of sounds like you're shipping stuff via couriers, even all your "in-house" stuff, or are you issuing tracking numbers for transfers that NCIX employees are taking care of?

Doug_the_Slug May 15, 2017 05:10 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Quote: (Greg * NCIX.com m May 15 2017, 03:37 PM)

I think with the recent changes to how pickup orders are handled, the "order is ready for pickup" messages aren't getting sent out anymore.

So with orders with multiple items, how am I supposed to know if the entire order has arrived or not? How do I know if an item is already in store and will not be shipped? I have no interest in going to pickup if the entire order is not in yet.

At this point, I'm guessing the mouse is in, and I'll try tomorrow when the location is open.

But my other outstanding order, I'm still confused. Order is for 2 items. I have 3 tracking numbers.
I am honestly at a loss to figure out how 2 items have 3 tracking numbers. And one of those tracking numbers (Purolator) says "Information not available".

I've also noticed a disturbing trend. I'm getting emails that do not have the order number in the subject anymore. Just says "Your NCIX Order has been shipped". When multiple orders overlap, that makes it a real pain to track what is what.

This message was modified by the poster at 05 15, 2017 05:18 PM

Doug_the_Slug May 15, 2017 05:20 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

We've been making changes to the tracking E-Mails to reflect this, but I think it wasn't updated when your order was shipped out.

That does appear to be the case. My mouse shipping info did not contain any mention of in store pickups, but the email I received just an hour ago has an extra blurb at the top:
Your order has been shipped to the retail store for pickup. Please check the tracking number details to see when it has arrived. Your order can be picked up as soon as it shows it has been delivered. Please pick up within 5 business days of arrival.

Greg * NCIX.com May 15, 2017 05:29 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Quote: (Doug_the_Slug @ May 15 2017, 05:10 PM)

But my other outstanding order, I'm still confused. Order is for 2 items. I have 3 tracking numbers.
I am honestly at a loss to figure out how 2 items have 3 tracking numbers. And one of those tracking numbers (Purolator) says "Information not available".

The Purolator one is brand new, so I assume it hasn't been picked up yet.

The tracking number from May 10th shows up on my system as VOID, so I don't know why it's still showing on your tracking info. We shouldn't be including voided numbers.

I've also noticed a disturbing trend. I'm getting emails that do not have the order number in the subject anymore. Just says "Your NCIX Order has been shipped". When multiple orders overlap, that makes it a real pain to track what is what.

I'll ask if there's a reason behind that. In the meantime, can you forward me a copy of that E-Mail?

but the email I received just an hour ago has an extra blurb at the top:
Your order has been shipped to the retail store for pickup. Please check the tracking number details to see when it has arrived. Your order can be picked up as soon as it shows it has been delivered. Please pick up within 5 business days of arrival.

Yup, that's the new message added for pickup orders.

Doug_the_Slug May 15, 2017 06:27 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Quote: (Greg * NCIX.com @ May 15 2017, 05:29 PM)

I'll ask if there's a reason behind that. In the meantime, can you forward me a copy of that E-Mail?

Sent
The email I sent also has all 3 tracking numbers, so you can see for yourself. The 2nd UPS tracking number goes to a page as per the attached screenshot.

side note - lolwut. PNG not accepted for image upload, but GIF is? And now the button for uploading is gone. I'll need to reply again to upload that image.

Doug_the_Slug May 15, 2017 06:28 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Delete Image. Please use this feature thoughtfully.  Report this image 

now as jpg

Doug_the_Slug May 17, 2017 08:14 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

As an update, the rodent-like device was picked up yesterday, and my other order supposedly has completed shipping for today.
I would like to thank greg for his patience, and likely manual efforts to kick off whatever automated processes failed, as well as providing communication assistance where the automated messaging was also failing.

Unfortunately, I still do not have any answers as to why these orders fell through the cracks in the first place, and what has been done to ensure this does not continue to happen. 5 weeks is rather ridiculous when manual overrides can get things moving in a day or two.

Call Queue
Now Serving
Avg. Response Time
Estimate: 33 mins
Request Call Back
(Web Orders Only)

All Time Experts
1. Mr. Friendly™ (51387)
2. The Wizard (39824)
3. death_hawk™ (35144)
4. Not An Expert (26343)
5. Lance W (25246)

Featured Brands:
Shop by brands
Your Order Company Info Memberships Services Hotlinks
Customer Care
Order Status
About NCIX
Contact Us
Careers
Terms & Conditions
Branding & Logos
Privacy Policy
NCIX Rewards
Premier Partner Reseller
Affiliate Program
NCIX Gift Cards
Online Price Match
NCIX Newsletters
Facebook
YouTube
Twitter
Forums
International Sites: United States Canada
Copyright© 2015 - NCIXUS.com/NCIXUS Technology Inc. All rights reserved.